Buy Your Tickets:
Breakfast with Santa: Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 9 a.m. View & Print Registration Form.
MONTHLY SUPPORT FOR YOU
- Parent Support Networking Groups: Monthly meetings facilitated by a caring professional for parents to swap stories and learn from one another. Topics vary based on families attending. They’re free! Visit our Google Calendar for dates. New in 2017 is Lunch Bunch--support offered during the lunch hour in Benson and Willmar. Walk-in anytime!
- Click on location to view details.
- Willmar & New London: Dec. 1 in Willmar at Deidra's and Dec. 12 in New London at McKale's
- Olivia: December 14, 6-8 p.m. - Sensory Crafts for the Family, as a follow-up to webinar on The Benefit of Art Therapy
- Benson: December 14, 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Preparing for a Peaceful Holiday Season
- Litchfield: To be announced. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on location to view details.
Follow our events on Facebook: www.fb.com/theresourcecenterprogram/events
PEER FRIENDSHIPS FOR TEENS & YOUNG ADULTS
- Peer Connect: We provide monthly events for teens and young adults in Olivia and Willmar. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Breakfast with Santa: Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 9 a.m. View & Print Registration Form.
- Club BUILD-LEGO Fun & Friendship Clubs: New series will be starting this winter. Let us know you are interested by emailing email@example.com.
- Stingers Baseball - I am a Fan: Coming in summer 2018. Watch for details on how your child and family can meet the Stinger's team, take in a ball game and much, much more. Thank you to the Stingers and Walt's for making the dream of having our kids on the field come true!
Click on image to view and print forms.
Questions? Call us at 320-235-5310, x206. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adventure Fair: A regional resource fair for parents & children with special needs. Watch for details on April 2018's event.
U-Empowered Conference: A six-hour conference for parents, professionals and caregivers with keynote speaker, breakout learning sessions and state-regional vendor fair. Saturday, April 8, 2017. The keynote speaker was www.thomasiland.com. This event rotates every other year with the Adventure Fair.
Family Picnic: New in 2015, this annual event partners with Prairie Woods Environmental Center to host a fun-filled outdoor adventure for the whole family. The event includes a picnic lunch and invites families to try new experiences and create positive memories together. 2017's picnic is June 17 at the Lions Shelter in downtown Spicer following a sensory-friendly movie at Spicer Cinema.
Halloween Party: TRCP hosts an annual Halloween Party, giving families and children, teens and young adults an opportunity to experience Halloween in a comfortable environment. The evening consists of a dinner, Bingo, costume contest and prizes.
- Thursday, October 26, 2017. In 2017, we had a sell out crowd of 75 people. View our Video of Halloween Smiles.
- Thursday, October 27, 2016. We had a great time! 9.3 rating on 10-point scale from parents!
Breakfast with Santa: TRCP held its first breakfast in 2016 for families and children, teens and young adults. A sensory-sensitive Santa gives parents and families an opportunity to prepare for the season in a comfortable environment. The breakfast consists of a simple (finger-food) breakfast, easy to assemble crafts, Santa visit with no lines, and a gift for every child. Saturday, December 2, 2017. Print Registration Form.
Social Skill & Friendship Clubs: Through a combination of skill building activities and fun, children, teens and young adults work on their social skills and find friends.
- Peer Connect: We provide monthly events for teens and young adults in Olivia and Willmar. Parents are welcome to attend. Visit Google Calendar for latest events. Contact Becky Sook at email@example.com for Willmar events and/or Jan Ervin at firstname.lastname@example.org for Olivia events.
- Fun & Friendship Lego Club for Social Skill Development: Four-week sessions for children ages 6-11 years with ADD/ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s and other social developmental delays. Each features well-planned lessons, goal setting and feedback on child’s progress. Children learn important communication skills and gain friendships and confidence. Parent involvement and discussion time provide support and tips for helping your child reach their fullest potential. Four week sessions held in Willmar, Litchfield, Olivia and Benson. For more information, contact Linda Mathiasen at email@example.com. View and Print Fall 2017 Registration Form.
- GAP: This is a pilot program offered for school age children who need a more supportive environment and do not thrive in a traditional setting. Students work on behavior management strategies. Our highly trained staff works with parents to develop a community inclusion plan so children can be successful in other settings and activities. Ask us about respite care and referrals to providers and resources in the area.
Workshops: Various workshops and events are held, bringing experts to the area so families have the skills and knowledge to support their loved ones. Family events help the whole family have fun and create positive memories.
- Executive Functioning in Willmar, Saturday, October 28, 2017. Featuring Autism Society of Minnesota. In 2016, we had 70 parents, grandparents and professional attend a Life with Autism Introduction workshop in Litchfield. Read about it in our newsletter.
- U-Empowered Conference: This rotates every other year. Most recently, our theme was "Hidden Disabilities," which was held in Willmar on Saturday, April 8, 2017. Featuring a keynote speaker self-advocate Thomas Iland from Los Angeles area, who was diagnosed with Autism at age 13. We had 105 registered participants and several walk-ins.
Not seeing what you are looking for?
If you would like more information on the above events or would like to suggest an event/workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 320-235-5310, ext. 206. We'd love to hear from you!
Like Us on Facebook for the latest event details and news. Follow us so you get notice of our latest posts and subscribe to our events so you get an alert each time an event is added.
Follow us on Twitter @trcp_wci.
Local Sponsors and Partners of TRCP: