Summer Family Fun: Sensory-Friendly Showing of Disney's Cars3 and Picnic in the Park
The Resource Center Program is excited to partner with Spicer Cinema 4 to create a comfortable viewing experience for our families with a private showing on Saturday, June 17, 2017. Following the movie, we have rented the Lions Shelter next to the wooden structure playground for families to connect and children to work out their wiggles. Print Registration Form.
Lego Club for Summer 2017 - June 29, July 6, 13 & 20, 2017
Fun & Friendship Lego Club for Social Skill Development: Four-week sessions for children ages 6-11 years with ADD/ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s and other social developmental delays. Each features well-planned lessons, goal setting and feedback on child’s progress. Children learn important communication skills and gain friendships and confidence. Parent involvement and discussion time provide support and tips for helping your child reach their fullest potential. For more information, contact Linda Mathiasen at email@example.com. Print Registration Form.
Adventure Fair: A regional resource fair for parents & children with special needs. Saturday, April 16, 2016.
U-Empowered Conference: A six-hour conference for parents, professionals and caregivers with keynote speaker, breakout learning sessions and state-regional vendor fair. Saturday, April 8, 2017. The keynote speaker was www.thomasiland.com. This event rotates every other year with the Adventure Fair.
Family Picnic: New in 2015, this annual event partners with Prairie Woods Environmental Center to host a fun-filled outdoor adventure for the whole family. The event includes a picnic lunch and invites families to try new experiences and create positive memories together. 2017's picnic is June 17 at the Lions Shelter in downtown Spicer following a sensory-friendly movie at Spicer Cinema.
Halloween Party: TRCP hosts an annual Halloween Party, giving families and children, teens and young adults an opportunity to experience Halloween in a comfortable environment. The evening consists of a light dinner, Bingo, costume contest and prizes.
- Thursday, October 27, 2016. We had a great time! 9.3 rating on 10-point scale from parents! Join us next year.
Breakfast with Santa: TRCP held its first breakfast in 2016 for families and children, teens and young adults. A sensory-sensitive Santa gives parents and families an opportunity to prepare for the season in a comfortable environment. The breakfast consists of a simple (finger-food) breakfast, easy to assemble crafts, Santa visit with no lines, and a gift for every child. Satuday, December 2, 2017.
Social Skill & Friendship Clubs: Through a combination of skill building activities and fun, children, teens and young adults work on their social skills and find friends.
- Peer Connect: We provide monthly events for teens and young adults in Olivia and Willmar. Parents are welcome to attend. Visit Google Calendar for latest events. Contact Becky Sook at firstname.lastname@example.org for Willmar events and/or Jan Ervin at email@example.com for Olivia events.
- Fun & Friendship Lego Club for Social Skill Development: Four-week sessions for children ages 6-11 years with ADD/ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s and other social developmental delays. Each features well-planned lessons, goal setting and feedback on child’s progress. Children learn important communication skills and gain friendships and confidence. Parent involvement and discussion time provide support and tips for helping your child reach their fullest potential. Four week sessions held in Willmar, Litchfield, Olivia and Benson. For more information, contact Linda Mathiasen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GAP: This is a pilot after-school program offered in Willmar for school age children who need a more supportive environment and do not thrive in a traditional setting. Students work on behavior management strategies, homework. Our highly trained staff works with parents to develop a community inclusion plan so children can be successful in other settings and activities. Daily and weekly rates are available. Ask about respite care. Print Registration Form.
- Parent Support Networking Groups: Monthly meetings facilitated by a caring professional for parents to swap stories and learn from one another. Topics vary based on families attending. They’re free! Visit our Google Calendar for dates. New in 2017 is Lunch Bunch--support offered during the lunch hour in Benson and Willmar. Walk-in anytime!
Workshops: Various workshops and events are held, bringing experts to the area so families have the skills and knowledge to support their loved ones. Family events help the whole family have fun and create positive memories.
- Life with Autism in Litchfield, Saturday, October 15, 2016. Featuring Autism Society of Minnesota. We had 70 parents, grandparents and professional attend this workshop.
- U-Empowered Conference: Hidden Disabilities in Willmar, Saturday, April 8, 2017. Featuring a keynote speaker self-advocate Thomas Iland, who was diagnosed with Autism at age 13. We had 105 registered participants.
Not seeing what you are looking for?
If you would like more information on the above events or would like to suggest an event/workshop, please send an email to email@example.com or call 320-235-5310, ext. 206. We'd love to hear from you!
Like Us on Facebook for the latest event details and news. Subscribe to our events so you get an alert each time an event is added.
Follow us on Twitter @trcp_wci.
Local Sponsors and Partners of TRCP: